Career Mentor Details of "Air Traffic Controllers"
Air traffic controlling is a sub branch of Aerospace Engineering which in turn is a branch of engineering which deals with the study of space & flight technology and also often referred to as rocket sciences. Principally, an air traffic controller formulates air traffic rules and regulations for safety reasons. They have tremendous responsibilities on board for which they will have to take care of several variables including aircraft configuration, weather conditions, human safety, etc.
Experienced skills are preferred in advanced air traffic controlling systems for which they will have to be familiar with electromechanical systems. Professional credentials also play a pivotal role in career development. One can specialize in some specialized areas in aerospace and can create portfolios of oneself. As this is a very demanding workplace, aerospace engineers work with highest precision standards in the industry, thereby increasing the technical skills and demands of the occupation.
A master's or a bachelor's degree in aeronautical engineering subjects such as the designing, radio communication, antenna & wave communications or defence research & development, etc.
- Delhi Institute of Aeronautical Studies, Chirag Delhi, New Delhi.
- School of Aeronautics, Palam, New Delhi.
- School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi Flying Club, New Delhi.
- IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi.
- IIT, Mumbai.
- Imperial College
- University of Bath Aerospace Engineering (MSc/MEng)
- University of Brighton Aeronautical Engineering (MEng/MSc)
- University of Bristol Aeronautical Engineering (MEng)
- Brunel University Aerospace Engineering (BEng/MEng)
- City University, London Aeronautical Engineering (MEng/BEng) Avionics (MEng/BEng)
- Coventry University
- Cranfield University
- Nanyang Technological University
- Delta Connection Academy - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- ATP - Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Connecticut Flight Academy - Hartford, Connecticut
- Premier Flight Center, LLC - Hartford, Connecticut
- ATP - Riverside, California
- Utah State University (ABET)
- Air Force Institute of Technology (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET))
- University of Alabama in Huntsville (ABET)
- University of Alabama (ABET)
- Arizona State University (ABET)
- Civil & Military Aircraft Manufacturing plants
- Space Research organizations
- Space Laboratories & Research Centres
- Consultancies which participate in patents
- Government departments and agencies
- Regulatory authorities like the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
The salary package of the air traffic controller’s could be somewhere around
3.5 Lac p.a. (Approx). If the candidate is working with established reputed companies than they can earn even more.