Career Mentor Details of "Apparel and Textile Designer"
Apparel and Textile Designer
Apparel manufacturers can work in multiple domain including textiles, sportswear, etc. They manufacture textiles, apparels for sports, children's wear, etc. Some of these goods are sold directly to the consumers while some are retailed to other small scale industries. They work on natural and synthetic fibers to produce yarns and apparels of different types. Such raw materials are obtained from textile mills.
Such jobs are labor intensive jobs and they very little automation but find huge demand in developing countries where the population is huge.
A master's or a PhD degree in subjects such as textile or industrial production engineering.
- IIT, Guwahati.
- IIT, Delhi.
- Institute of Technology, Gandhi Road, Gwalior.
- Institute of Textile Technology, Chowdwar, Cuttak.
- IIT, Chennai.
- IIT, Kanpur.
- M.S. University, Department of Technology and Engineering, Baroda.
- L.D. college of Engineering, Navarangpura, Ahmedabad.
- Stockport College of Further & Higher Education
- University of Manchester
- University of Leeds
- De Montfort University
- University of Bolton
- Cardonald College
- NY Sate University College of Textiles
- Georgia Tech
- University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign - United States
- University of Delaware - United States
- Prairie View A & M University - United States
- Apparel Manufacturing companies
- Private and public sector companies
The salary package of the apparel and textile designer could be somewhere between 1.8 Lac to 2.5 Lac p.a. (Approx).