Career Mentor Details of "Public Relations Managers"
Public Relations Managers
Public Relations Managers deal with maintaining high profile image for high profile and high net worth individuals. Unlike many other professions, this is not a traditional job, which does not involve direct connections to the company. Instead, this role focuses on the network of people, through individuals, who are well known to oneself and different stakeholders.
Network of people are often considered of value creation involved in managing the effectiveness of communication between an organization or firm and the public. Public relations managers build confidence among the general public, employees and investors of the organization. Other roles of public relations manager involves consumer relations, government and industry relations, dealing with crisis etc.
A master’s or a Ph. D. degree in subjects such as Public Relations Management is advised.
- Department of Communications and Journalism, University of Pune, Ranade Institute, Fergusson College Road, Pune-411 004.
- Centre for Image Management Studies, NOIDA, Delhi.
- Gujarat University, Ahmedabad-380 009.
- Banaras Hindu University, Varnasi-221 005.
- The Indian Foundation for PR Education and Research (IFPR), S-237, Greater Kailash, New Delhi.
- Symbiosis Institute of Journalism and Communication, Senapati Bapat Marg, Pune-411 004.
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Vile Parle, Mumbai.
- Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad-58.
- Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110 075.
- Syracuse University S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.
- Ball State University.
- James Madison University.
- London College.
- Bournemouth University.
- Singapore Management University.
- Institute of Public Relations of Singapore.
- Nanyang Institute of Management.
- University of Phoenix.
- Ashford University.
- Walden University.
- Grand Canyon University.
- Virginia College.
- Commercial businesses and organizations
- Non-profit associations or programs
- Government organizations
- Private and public sector companies
- Political parties
The salary package for the Public Relations Manager’s could be somewhere between
1 Lac to
2.25 Lac p.a. (Approx).