Career Mentor Details of "Optical Laboratory Technician"
Optical Laboratory Technician
An Optical Laboratory Technician pulverizes eye glasses and frames as directed by ophthalmologists. He deals with vision and eye care and sometimes also involved in eye research.
An optical technician laboratory technician has to undergo training for a period ranging from 6 months to one year. Retail organizations and optical labs provide training for a stipulated period as interns.
A master’s or a bachelor’s degree in optical sciences, apart from a high school diploma or GED certificate is must.
- Maulana Azad Medical College - New Delhi.
- Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Medical College - Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University - Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Government Medical College and Hospital - Chandigarh, Punjab.
- Guahati Medical College And Hospital - Guwahati, Assam.
- Kurnool Medical College - Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
- Gateshead College.
- Newham Sixth Form College.
- North West Kent College.
- City and Islington College.
- City of Westminster College.
- Coruva University Faculty of Medicine.
- Lund University – Sweden.
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
- Ohio State University.
- Queen's University.
- Research labs
- Private and public sector companies
Optical Laboratory Technician’s salary package could somewhere between
1.25 Lac p.a. (Approx).