Career Mentor Details of "Production and Distribution Officer"
Production and Distribution Officer
A Production & distribution officer deals with the optimization of production in the workplace. This role deals with the application of basics of engineering which in turn includes technical skills such as project life cycle management, industrial planning and systematization, planning and design of industrial systems, control systems, etc.
Planning & design are the core skills, which an industrial engineer must possess. It also involves management in processes and managing complex operational systems in an organization. Production and distribution officers direct and co ordinate all the major functionalities of the organization.
A master's or a PhD degree in subjects such as industrial production management is recommended.
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta.
- Indian Institute of Management, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad.
- Indian Institute of Management, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore.
- Indian Institute of Management Prabandh Nagar, off Sitapur Road, Lucknow.
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode.
- Allana Institute of Management Sciences (AIMS), Pune.
- All India Institute of Management Studies (AIIMAS), Chennai.
- Indian Management Training and Research Institute, Jalandhar.
- Imperial College
- London School of Economics
- St. Andrews University.
- Singapore management University
- National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
NY Program in Industrial and Management Engineering Stanford University Stanford
NY Field of Operations Research and Information Engineering Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Troy
NY Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research Cornell University Ithaca
SC Department of Industrial Engineering Columbia University New York
Clemson University Clemson
- Private and public sector companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Retail chains
- Financial Research organisations
Production and Distribution Officer’s salary package could be somewhere between
2 Lac to
2.5 Lac p.a. (Approx).