Career Mentor Details of "Semiconductor process engineer"
Semiconductor process engineer
Semiconductor process engineering is a field which deals with design, maintenance, and construction of computing products which are computer related like motherboards, integrated chips, integrated circuit boards, etc.
Semiconductor process engineer must possess skills with respect to domain knowledge in electronics engineering, software design and hardware implementation. Semiconductor process engineers are also involved in programming for embedded circuit design, FPGA programmable device, robotic research, digital systems control, etc. Much of the hardware design is innovative and challenging due to intense competition all over the world in the hardware industry.
M.S., M.S.E., or M.Eng. or a Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree in Computer Engineering or even an accredited BSc degree in Computer Engineering. This role requires candidates to have strong knowledge in sciences, semi conductors and programmable devices.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi Hauz Khas, New Delhi.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai.
- University of Central England
- University of Central Lancashire
- Northumbria University
- Liverpool Hope University
- University of Northampton
- National University of Singapore
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- University of California
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech)
- University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign
- Hardware manufacturing companies
- Research Labs including printed circuit design, robotics, motherboards, etc
- Semi conductor related companies
- IT companies
Semiconductor process engineers salary could be somewhere between
2 Lac to
3.5 Lac p.a. (Approx).