Career Mentor Details of "Judges, Magistrates, and Other Judicial Workers"
Judges, Magistrates, and Other Judicial Workers
A Judge, Magistrate is a judicial officer with executive and judicial powers. They are basically civil officers who are in charge and implementing law and order in the nation.
They have to be skilled in practices such as law and are formally appointed by the president. Their prime responsibilities include conducting judicial proceedings, for several civil and criminal cases. A judge normally presides over the court of law in front of a panel of lawyers and magistrates. All the impartial trials are conducted in the court, irrespective of the type of the case. The final verdict of the case will be finally decided by the judge.
A master's or a PhD degree in subjects such as Law
- National Law School of India, Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Poona University Dept of Law, Pune.
- Cochin University, Cochin-22, Kerala.
- Amity Law School, Delhi.
- WB - N U J S, Kolkata.
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad.
- National Law University, Jodhpur.
- ILS Law College, Pune.
- Government Law College, Mumbai.
- Cambridge Law Faculty
- College of Law
- Bracknell & Wokingham College
- Holborn College
- Harrogate Tutorial College
- National University of Singapore
- Yale Law School
- Harvard Law School
- Brooklyn Law School
- Cornell Law School
- Baylor Law School
- South Texas College of Law
- Private and public sector companies
- Civil and special courts
- Independent consultant
Judge’s, Magistrate salary could be somewhere between
3 Lac to
9 Lac p.a. (Approx).