Career Mentor Details of "Environmental Health Specialist"
Environmental Health Specialist
An Environmental Health Specialist is responsible for health issues faced during a workplace and places where communities dwell. They devise methods to control the quality of the environment of a place. The measures taken by them include food and water sanitation, soil and water pollution etc.
They help individuals to promote health through various sanitary measures in their vicinity. They need to undertake additional responsibilities such as soil and water testing, dairy production, sewage management and other waste management such as radioactive and toxic waste, controlling contagious diseases such as water borne and air borne diseases etc.
A bachelor's degree and a doctoral degree from environmental science program or a bachelor’s degree in biological or chemical sciences or environmental engineering may suffice.
- G. S. Institute of Technology, Indore - 452 003.
- Institute of Environment Management and Plant Sciences, Vikram University, Ujjain.
- Department of Environment, Chhtrapati Shahu Institute of Business Education and Research, University Road, Kolhapur.
- Department of Environmental Biology, A.P.S. University Rewa.
- School of Environmental Sciences, University of Pune, Pune.
- M. S. University of Baroda, Vadodra -390 001.
- Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
- Dept. of Environmental Biology, Delhi University, Delhi - 110 007.
- Imperial College, London.
- University of Sheffield.
- Cass Business School, London.
- London South Bank University (LSBU).
- National University of Singapore.
- Nanyang Technological University.
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic.
- California State University, San Jose.
- Stanford University.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- University of Arizona.
- An Entrepreneur
- An Educator
- An Independent health consultant
- A Volunteer
- In Non profit organizations
- In Private clinics
Environmental health specialists salary package could be somewhere between
1.25 Lac to
2.5 Lac p.a. (Approx).