Career Mentor Details of "Psychiatric Aide/Technician"
Psychiatric Aides/Technicians are the professionals in the health care industry, who basically cater to mentally disabled and infirm people. They are directly supervised by mental health care professionals. They frequently work in hospitals, crisis place, schools and adverse situations etc.
They also participate in more formal training for mentally disabled people and undertake responsibilities for such people rather than working as aides. They collaborate with other health professionals and also optimize patient management in terms of shortage of hospital staff etc.
A master’s or a bachelor’s degree in Psychiatric Aide/Technician is advised.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences(AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi.
- B. M. Institute of Mental Health, Ahmedabad.
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mumbai.
- National Institute of Mental Health And Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bangalore.
- Aston University, Aston Pharmacy School, Birmingham B4 7ET.
- University of Pheonix.
- Everest College.
- Grand Canyon University.
- Bryman College.
- Baylor College of medicine.
- Ohio State University.
- University of Florida.
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities.
- Michigan State University.
- New York University.
- Research labs
- Private and public sector companies
Psychiatric Aide/Technician’s salary package could be somewhere between
1.25 Lac to
2.5 Lac p.a. (Approx).