Career Mentor Details of "Camera operator and editor"
Camera operator and editor
A camera operator works for the recording a video or a film for the purpose of film production. Such operators are commonly known as videographer, camera man, television camera operator, etc.
He is basically responsible for recording videos and clicking pictures and maintaining the configuration and composition for a given screen shot or a film. Camera operator and editors are required to have good communication skills for coordinating with other members of the crew like director, producer, camera assistants, etc. Such operators must possess sound knowledge on different photographic cameras, lenses, & other equipments, etc.
A master's or a PhD degree in subjects such as photography and good communication and interpersonal skills
- College of Art, New Delhi.
- Bharitya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi.
- MCRC (Mass Communication Research Centre), Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad.
- JJ School of Art, Bombay.
- Film and Television Institute, Pune.
- Academy of Photography, Calcutta.
- Jawaharlal Technological University, Hyderabad.
- Asian Academy of Film and Television, Noida, Delhi.
- Norwich School of Photography
- Kensington and Chelsea College, London
- Blackthorn Centre School of Photography
- London College of Communication
- Academy of Art University – San Francisco
- Brooks Institute of Photography – Santa Barbara
- The Art Institute of Colorado – Denver
- The Center for Digital Imaging Arts at Boston University – Washington
- The Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale – Fort Lauderdale
- International Academy of Design & Technology – Tampa
- Miami International University of Art & Design – Miami
- Private and public sector companies
- Independent camera operator
Camera operator and editor’s salary could be somewhere between
1 Lac to
3 Lac p.a. (approx) but if he is a professional with name and fame he can earn even more.